Saturday, June 4, 2011
Guilty Good Green Beans
I came across this recipe earlier today, and decided to break out of my bean boredom and try it. Who doesn't love another way to prepare a basic vegetable?
I was lacking a few ingredients and so played around with it a bit, but we loved it. It's simple, quick, and full of flavor. My family of four finished off the entire dish in one sitting - and My Wonderful Husband had three helpings! Now, if that isn't success, I don't know what is. This one is definitely a family keeper.
2 cans of green beans, drained
1/4 Vidalia onion, diced
1/4 green bell pepper, diced
4 cloves of garlic, diced
1/6 lb. sausage, cooked and crumbled
dash of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c. cheddar cheese
1. Carmelize the onion, pepper, and garlic in the olive oil. Add cooked sausage and seasonings.
2. Add green beans. Stir to combine.
3. Transfer to a baking dish.
4. Top with cheese.
5. Bake, covered, at 400 for 15 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes at 350.
Though I expected leftovers for lunch tomorrow, this is what I found:
I guess I'll just have to make it again!