I think I've found a new favorite cake.
When I saw this recipe over at My Baking Addiction, I knew that I had to try it. You can't go wrong with Hershey's!
Moist and chocolate-y, decadent and rich, this is not your average chocolate cake. Made in several layers, it looks fancy enough for a party, yet it's actually quite simple to make. My Big Helper actually played a big part in the creation of our version!
To make this yummy confection, you'll need these ingredients:
Hershey's Black Magic Cake Ingredients:
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 3/4 c. white-wheat flour
- 3/4 c. Hershey's cocoa
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 cup hot chocolate
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 t. vanilla
Faux - Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ready to pull this cake together? It's just this easy:
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line two round cake pans with waxed paper.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the eggs, milk, coffee or hot chocolate, oil, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour evenly into the prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool cakes completely.
- While cakes are cooling, mix the softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar.
- When cakes are cool, remove from pans. Spread cream cheese mixture on the bottom of one cake layer.
- Top with the second cake layer, right side up.
- Put the chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl (I like to use a good batter bowl) and pour the cream into a small saucepan. Heat the cream over medium heat until bubbles just begin to form - do not let it boil! Pour hot cream immediately over chocolate chips and whisk until smooth.
- Let ganache cool for 10 minutes and then pour over the assembled cake.
- Store any leftover cake in the refrigerator.
Thanks again, My Baking Addiction, for inspiring this cake!
** Also shared at: