When I saw this picture on Pinterest a few days ago, I knew it would be perfect for our book club pizza party.
The girls thought so, too.
Two of them made it all by themselves, and they were quite proud of their accomplishment - and rightly so. This is delicious! I was afraid that the regular pizza crust underneath these sweet ingredients wouldn't fit in, but the crumb topping was the perfect complement to balance out the rich crust and the super sweet marshmallows on top.
The girls were so excited about it that they shared it with others all afternoon - so that the last piece was squabbled over after dinner, making this dessert pizza gone in less than four hours. That's gotta be some kind of record.
We have some ideas for a few variations, so you'll be seeing them here soon. YUM!
So here's how you can make your very own Gimme S'More Pizza:
- 1 pizza crust (We used one crust's worth of this recipe.)
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 T. softened butter
- 1/2 c. oats
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. mini marshmallows
We were all pleased with how quickly this pizza comes together! Here's what you do.
- Roll out your crust onto a pizza pan or stone. Try to keep your crust rather thin so that the marshmallows don't scorch before the crust bakes. :-)
- Mix the butter, flour, and brown sugar together until crumbly.
- Add the oats and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on top of the pizza crust as if it were tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of that. Adjust the amounts to your liking - but I'm not sure that it's possible to put too much chocolate in anything.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows on top of the chocolate layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees until the crust is done. Our marshmallows and crust both looked perfect after about 10 minutes.
- Slice using a large knife - rollers don't work with marshmallows - and enjoy!