Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Friday, December 10, 2010

Say 'Cheese!'

It's that time of year again - our mailbox is filling up with Christmas cards!  Something about a stuffed mailbox just says 'somebody loves me.'  :-)  I love opening all the pretty envelopes to see what's waiting inside, and since many of our friends have small children - like us! - lots of cards are made with pictures of these adorable people.  Several of my friends use Shutterfly, an online photo company that allows you to upload your own personal pictures to share and print them.  I've always enjoyed this site for viewing their photos, but after checking into it a bit more carefully, I've found some really great products.

As much as I love photo cards, I do sometimes miss the beautiful Christian 'reason for the season' that can be a bit more prevalent on regular storebought cards.  I love how there are photo card options that combine both a true holiday message with a photo!

For the past several years, I've made photo calendars for my parents with both old and new family pictures, birthdays, anniversaries, and all sorts of funny pictures included.  Each calendar ended up being a very personalized gift with a ton of photos, and they seemed to enjoy them a lot.  The process could really be simplified with Shutterfly.  Shutterfly prints calendars in a variety of sizes, styles, and backgrounds - just upload your photos and choose your preferences. You can even add photos and text to the boxes on individual days!

Sometimes, you've met all of your stationery needs but still have gifts to buy.  Grandparents seem particularly difficult to shop for - but what do they like more than tiny smiling faces?  From jigsaw puzzles to jewelry, Shutterfly has a wide variety of photo gifts.

There are some great Shutterfly deals happening right now ... I might have to go place an order!

No comments:

Post a Comment