Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Peanut Butter Apple Nachos


Last week I made this for my lunch.  The kids were happily playing in another room and didn't seem to be hungry yet, so I sliced up my apple, prepped my nachos, and headed off hungrily to eat.

The peaceful lunch I had planned didn't last long.

One of the kids ran through the kitchen, headed to find a specific toy, when she noticed my nachos.

"Oh, Mommy, I want that for lunch!"  she yelled over her shoulder.

Pretty soon the other one came trotting along to see what looked good in the kitchen, and instead of asking, I found grimy little fingers heading towards my plate.

In the end I shared my nachos, but next time I'll just make more.  It'll be easier than batting at all of the hands sneaking towards my plate.

Ingredients:
Directions:
  1. Arrange your apple slices on a plate to maximize your surface area.
  2. Melt the peanut butter, the drizzle it across the sliced apples.
  3. Sprinkle the granola on top of the peanut butter.
  4. Eat quickly before someone else does!
What do you like on your nachos?

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I think I'd be fighting off sneaky hands, too. I've got everything to make these and think an after school snack is in order.

    ReplyDelete