Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Monday, August 13, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - August 13, 2012

Our theme song yesterday could've been On the Road Again, but today we're singing Home Sweet Home and are doing mountains of laundry.  It truly amazes me how quickly that stuff piles up.

Anyway, our meal plan will absolutely, definitely, for-sure change this week since I haven't been to the store yet and I'm not sure what might remain in the depths of our freezer, but I'm planning these basic things.  We'll adjust as necessary.

Breakfast:
- pancakes
- scrambled eggs and fruit


- bananas or peaches and Cinnamon Almond Granola
- Cinnamon Rolls and fruit (recipe coming soon)

Lunches will be leftovers or sandwiches and sliced fruit or veggies.

Dinner:

- grilled chicken, corn from Dad's garden, Cheesy Grilled Potatoes, Grilled Jalapeno Poppers


- Pizza Casserole (baked in the toaster oven), salad
- Grilled chicken quesadillas, watermelon


- Grilled Pizza
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake
- Leftovers
- Dinner at Church


I'm making another batch of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars since we devoured the last two batches that I've made this week.  My mom says it's like eating a candy bar.  I love that they taste so decadent but are so good for you!  I have a bit of extra flour to use, so we might prep some more of this cookie dough for the freezer.  I love having it on hand to slice and bake when we need an emergency cookie!

For more Menu Plan Monday, visit OrgJunkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment