Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Monday, August 20, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - August 20, 2012

So after an enforced bloggy break when pictures wouldn't load and schedules were crazy busy, we're ready to get back on track.  We're counting down the days until school starts - well, at least I am.  The kids want to start already and ask every day to begin.  The Little Man has even gathered school supplies together in a pencil box and started carrying them around the house so he's ready on a moment's notice.  I'd better get my ducks in a row quick!

To that end, I'm trying to keep lots of white space in the calendar this week to finish my plans and get the school room completed.  We also have our last summer book club event, homeschool kick-off night, start fall ball practice - a first! - and have company coming for the weekend.

Perhaps I should rethink that white space concept ...

Anyway, here's my super tentative plan for the week.

Breakfast:
- Simple soaked pancakes
- cereal and fruit

- Cinnamon Almond Granola and fruit


- Hearty Breakfast Casserole, fruit

Lunches will be our usual assortment of sandwiches and leftovers.

Dinner:

- Slow Cooker Chicken Barbeque Sandwiches, roasted carrots, watermelon


- Grilled Pizza
- Lasagna Roll-ups
- Baked potato bar
- Turkey burgers
- Waffle night
- Dinner at church

I made these to take to church last night.  They're really good!  I can't say they're good for you, but if you're a fan of blondies, definitely check them out.  :-)

My Big Helper and I are still looking for a good snack for tomorrow's mystery book club.  Any suggestions??

What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

For more Menu Plan Mondays, visit OrgJunkie.

1 comment:

  1. Your menu plan looks very yummy. I have never tried grilling pizza, but I have heard so many good things about it around the blogosphere that I think I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete