This is one of my favorite quick-and-easy meals to throw together. It smells great, comes together quickly, and it's fairly healthy. Everyone in my family likes this dish, and it's versatile enough for them to customize it on their own plates. THAT makes me happy!
- bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
- your favorite BBQ sauce
So to make your own slow cooker BBQ chicken, try this:
- Put your chicken in your slow cooker and add just a bit of the sauce. Doesn't need to be much - I pour on maybe 1/2 cup or so, just enough to be on the outside of the chicken but not enough to sit in the bottom of the dish.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is done.
- Turn off the slow cooker and allow to cool for 15 minutes or so.
- Using forks or a stand-alone mixer, shred the chicken to your preferred texture.
- Stir in enough BBQ sauce to flavor the meat. I also add in some of the juice from the slow cooker. Stir together.
- Add to buns or tortillas with all your favorite toppings - onions, cheese, spinach, lettuce, tomato, etc.
With some steamed broccoli - or even carrot sticks if you're in a big rush - this is a complete, hot meal that everyone will love!