Our favorite Sunday morning breakfast is homemade cinnamon rolls. I can mix these up on a Saturday afternoon, throw everything into the bread machine, and then have them rolled out and assembled in minutes. With some fruit on the side, we can have a special breakfast without too much fuss.
So if you'd like to make your own whole wheat bread machine cinnamon rolls, here's what you do.
- 1 c. + 2 T. warm milk
- 3 T. melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 c. white-wheat flour
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. yeast
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 T. softened butter
- sprinkling of cinnamon
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 T. milk
- dash of salt
- 1 t. vanilla
- Put ingredients into bread machine pan in order listed.
- Select the 'dough' cycle.
- When the dough is mixed, roll out into a large rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter onto the dough.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon (to your liking) over the butter.
- Roll tightly.
- Slice into 3/4" rolls and place on a buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle icing over the rolls immediately.
- Serve warm.
What's your favorite Sunday morning breakfast?