Thursday, June 2, 2011
Quick and Healthy Stir Fry
This stir fry is something that our whole family enjoys. With whole grain rice and lots of veggies, it's very healthy and low in fat. My Little Man, who is not yet a Chinese food fan, can eat this and not be overwhelmed by strong flavors (that's his bowl in the picture - mine had more in it!). Best of all, it comes together very quickly.
1/2 - 1 lb. lean meat - chicken or steak, cut into strips or bite-sized pieces
4 c. prepared whole grain rice
2 bags of Birds' Eye Steamfresh Asian medley veggies
a few tablespoons of teriyaki sauce
dash of olive oil
1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Cook the meat in a hot pan with just a dash of olive oil. Stir until cooked through, then sprinkle liberally with teriyaki sauce. Reduce heat and cover.
3. While the meat is working, pop one bag of veggies in the microwave at a time to steam. (While I usually prefer to prep my own veggies, I tried these once after stumbling upon an amazing sale - and they're really good! Now, when the price drops, I stock up - and when life gets crazy and I need a veggie for dinner, I have a variety of quick options.) Leave closed until ready to serve.
4. Add rice to the meat and toss to add a light coating of teriyaki to the veggies.
5. To serve, add some rice to each plate and spoon meat and veggies overtop. Voila!
We like to serve this with egg rolls - yum!
**Be sure to check out my latest giveaway!