Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Friday, May 4, 2012

Strawberry Mango Salsa


Salsa is a totally fun food to me.  You can do so many things with it - as a dip, as a topping for meat, as a fun addition to a wrap or sandwich - and fruity, spicy ones are my favorite kinds.  When I heard about a strawberry-mango combination last week, I decided to try it.

The kids and I mixed this up last night.  It's super simple and has a great fresh, summery taste.  We ate it in grilled haddock wraps, and we're planning to scoop some up with cinnamon-sugar tortilla points next, and then on grilled jerk chicken after that.  I think it would be great in a salad, too!

Ingredients:

  • 1 c. diced mango (about 1 whole)
  • 1 c. diced strawberries
  • 2 T. lemon juice
  • 1/3 c. diced red onion
  • dash of freshly ground salt
  • dash of freshly ground black pepper
This is so simple to make!
  1. Dice and combine all ingredients.
  2. Allow flavors to meld in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
I wanted to share a picture of our wraps, but we ate them too fast!  There was nothing left to photograph.  So how would you eat your strawberry-mango salsa?

2 comments:

  1. Yum! It might be good topping for a spinach salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had spinach salad, but I hear it's good with fruit. Something about citrus that helps aid digestion? Anyway, we tried it with salad tonight, and I'm thinking I'll top grilled chicken with it on Monday. It's pretty good!

      Delete