Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Inspired Wednesday - Getting Away


Last weekend I got to leave town for a friend - all the way to Charlotte for Women of Faith!


I heard several speakers I've heard before and loved, and there were several more that were new to me.  I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Liz Curtis Higgs.  


Third Day was there, too.  They were awesome, of course, and it was wonderful to hear their music blaring throughout the arena.  It's been a long time since I went to a great concert, and this definitely qualified.

I found several new books I want to study. I heard messages that resonated with me.  I came home feeling filled up again, full of purpose and meaning.

Sometimes it feels selfish to go away, knowing that others must do the work that I normally do; but I think it's important to remember that even Jesus went away from His daily life.  He did that often, in fact.  Sometimes with friends, sometimes just to be quiet and pray, other times to fish, but he took time to retreat from His regular life to rest and recharge.

It's good to get away.

When's the last time you escaped for a bit?

Be sure to check out Stephanie's Inspired Wednesday post over at The Multi Taskin' Mom!


A Nest in the Rocks

 

No comments:

Post a Comment