Sometimes you just don't have time to cook.
I like to cook. Sometimes I even love to cook. But since I seem to be surrounded by people who want to join sports teams and work hard at big projects and start their own businesses bi-weekly, I don't always have time to cook.
And yet everyone insists on eating many times each day. Go figure.
So when schedules get really crazy, I look for something simple - and this is one of those simple meals.
It may not be the most gourmet of meals, but it's surprisingly tasty. It's also easy to customize, quick to come together, and pretty healthy, too. I serve this with whatever finger foods I have on hand - carrot sticks, grapes, sliced veggies, apples, etc. With all that fiber on the side, it fills you up without leaving you as thirsty as take-out pizza would.
Here's how to make your own Super Quick Tortilla Pizza.
- tortillas (flour or wheat)
- your favorite jarred pizza/spaghetti sauce
- shredded cheese, any type - mozzarella, Mexican blend, Muenster, cheddar - be creative!
- pizza toppings - pepperoni, onions, green peppers, etc.
- powdered garlic
- Italian seasoning
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- Spread sauce on top of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle each pizza with basil.
- Top the sauce with cheese.
- Top the cheese with the remaining herbs and your choice of toppings.
- Bake in a hot oven, about 400 degrees Fahrenheit, until cheese is melted and tortilla begins to crisp.
- Serve immediately.
What's your favorite in-a-hurry meal?