I've also discovered that we have a wonderful problem: our large chest freezer is full. I don't really do freezer cooking; instead, I just use my freezer to store fruits, jellies, veggies, and meat that I put away during their growing season or find at a fabulous price. I did plan to start making some fruity breads to put back for teacher gifts but found that I can't make another thing fit into my freezer, so this week we're eating from the freezer. I've typed the frozen items we're using in italics.
Here's the current plan:
- cereal, blueberries, bananas
- spiced apple waffles (milk) X2 - recipe coming soon
- baked almond oatmeal
- scrambled eggs, toast
- yogurt, blueberries, granola
- muffins, oranges
Lunches will be leftovers or sandwiches with yogurt or cheese and sliced fruit or veggies.
- Chicken sandwiches, baked sweet potatoes, applesauce for the kids (dinner at a Christmas party for my husband and I)
- Spiced apple waffles (milk) - leftovers to be used for breakfast
- Chicken noodle soup, homemade bread
- Tacos, corn, applesauce, Belgian chocolate lava cakes - enter here to win your own!
- Chicken pot pie soup (milk, chicken, veggies), biscuits
- Dinner out - girls/boys night at our house
- Something simple - leftover soup and sandwiches, maybe
I'm also still working with those extra apples that I have! Hoping to finish that project this week. Also:
- Bake a batch of cookies for my son to share with his classmates. His last day is Wednesday!
- Bake a few batches of cookies for a cookie exchange on Sunday. I've always wanted to go to one of these! Any suggestions??
For more Menu Plan Mondays, visit OrgJunkie!