At the end of the story you find out that it's Beth's birthday, and all of her neighbors throw her a surprise party.
I never cared too much about the party part, but I always liked that she wanted to celebrate her birthday by giving it away and sharing it with her friends. So, while I'm announcing that I have just celebrated another birthday - we won't go into just how many that makes - here's my birthday giveaway for you, just for fun.
These are simple things, but those are my favorites, so that's what I'm sharing with you. The winner of this giveaway will receive:
- Stones for Bread by Christa Parrish (I enjoyed learning how to bake bread from my great-grandmother and grandfather.)
- A new Lindt Excellence Dark Chocolate Coconut Bar (I don't like dark chocolate OR coconut, but this is my new favorite chocolate. It's AMAZING.)
- A package of salted almonds. Yum.
- Body spray. My Little Man always says that I 'smell good' when I use it.
- A pair of soft spa socks. My feet are always cold in the winter, and I like these soft ones.
- Nail polish. I haven't often painted my nails, but I've been having fun being extra 'girly' with my Big Helper lately.
- A tube of lip gloss. I usually have either chapstick or lip gloss in my pocket. Not sure why ... but it's one of those things I rarely leave the house without, and I liked this perky color.
- For years, I've carried Sharpies around in my pocket. Fortunately, they lids are made to fit well. :-) I liked the way that these two colors seemed to match so many other things in this package ....
- A list pad to use the Sharpies on. I'm a list maker, and pretty paper just makes the whole process more fun.
- I'm not really mailing you a pumpkin - but since I was born on Thanksgiving and already had it on the table, I thought it looked festive. No pumpkins will be shipped during this giveaway. :-)
So there you go. Not quite a list of Oprah proportions, but one that makes me happy, and I hope those little things will brighten various parts of your day, too. Enter using the widget below, and Happy Birthday from my Nest to yours!