Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Monday, July 16, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - July 16, 2012

I found some foods that are rather unusual for us while grocery shopping this week, and so I'm shaking up our meal plan a bit.  I feel as if I've been preparing the same few simple things for us over the past few weeks, and I'm ready for something different!  The kids and I are busy each morning this week with things happening around town, but our afternoons are free and a bit of extra time can be devoted to dinner plans.

So, here's what's on the menu this week:

Breakfast:
- Whole wheat pancakes and honey
- Cinnamon raisin swirl toast and fruit


- Better-than-the-Bakery Blueberry Muffins

Lunches will be our usual assortment of leftovers and sandwiches.

Dinners:
- Chicken and rice casserole, blueberry pie
- Grilled turkey burgers, baked black beans, watermelon, ice cream
- Jambalaya over brown rice, watermelon


- Grilled chicken, "Best Ever" Cheesy Grilled potatoes, steamed broccoli
- Stir fried chicken and veggies over brown rice
- Campfire cookout with hot dogs, watermelon, and s'mores
- Leftovers

My Big Helper has been wanting to try these Healthy Homemade Poptarts for quite some time.  Since I've got a bit of yogurt in the fridge right now, we might try them out this week.

The next Crazy Cooking Challenge has been announced, and it's for cheesecake!  Yum!  If you have a fantastic cheesecake recipe posted on your blog, feel free to send me a link.  I'd love to check it out and possibly feature your recipe during the challenge next month.  :-)

For more Menu Plan Monday, visit OrgJunkie.

10 comments:

  1. I have a peanut butter cup cheesecake: http://www.fiskerellibellies.com/2012/01/peanut-butter-cup-cheesecake.html AND a snickers cheesecake: http://www.fiskerellibellies.com/2011/10/snickers-cheesecake.html . I'm working on a chocolate chip cookie cheesecake next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be by to check out those cheesecakes, Kristin. Thanks for sharing them!

      Delete
  2. Oh, that looks yummy! I can't wait to try the muffins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...those potatoes looks yummy.
    Here is a recipe for Frozen White Chocolate and Pecan Cheesecake: http://www.parymoppins.net/2010/06/brunch.html
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great combination! I can't wait to check them out!

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to make those homemade poptarts for a while; haven't tried them yet but I think they will be yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It ALL looks terrific! I don't have a cheesecake recipe, but DH is always trying a new one in the Dutch oven when he camps. Charcoal-y flavored cheesecake -- really? Will have to come back and see which recipe you made. Found you thru MPM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Lisa! I've never heard of baking cheesecake over a campfire - you must have a super-talented husband! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Those muffins look fantastic...I'm such a sucker for muffins. Definitely trying that recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete