Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Monday, July 23, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - July 23, 2012

Sometimes I think I should just give up on a summer meal plan.  Even when I think we'll be home lots to cook, it seems that the plans change at the last minute - but then, it sure is nice to be able to be flexible!

We have one more major event this week, and then nothing at all on the calendar for several weeks.  I'm so excited about that!  Lazy days at home, here we come!

In the meantime, it's hot right now and getting hotter.  I'm pulling odd things out of the freezer that are already prepared or utilizing whatever I can that will not add any extra heat to the house, so if our meal plan this week seems a bit odd, it probably is; but with temps nearing triple-digits again by the end of the week, so be it.

So here's our tentative-but-will-probably-change-this-week meal plan:

Breakfasts:
- vanilla yogurt parfaits with bananas, blueberries, and Cinnamon Almond Granola
- Whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread and bananas
- Chocolate cherry granola bars

Lunches will be our usual assortment of sandwiches, leftovers, and fruit.

Dinners:
- Vegetable soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, ice cream
- Hot dog cookout with friends (rain postponement from last week)
- Nacho bar with watermelon and grilled jalapeno poppers


- Pizza casserole, carrot sticks


- Quick and healthy stir fry
- Waffles, scrambled eggs
- Family Movie Party!  Snackable supper: pigs in blankets, carrot sticks, fruit, popcorn


I think, while I have the waffle maker out, that we'll make some more of these chocolate waffle cookie sundaes.  They're really good - and they don't heat up the kitchen!

What are your favorite hot-weather treats?


For more Menu Plan Monday, visit OrgJunkie.

4 comments:

  1. That cookie sundae looks so yummy. I hear ya with the menu plan or lack thereof. I am just thankful that everyone has been fed even if I haven't been the one cooking the food. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like the weeks that are packed I can't wait for lazy days. And then on the lazy days, we're bored! Gotta love summer, though. Looks like a yummy week! -Kelly @ Semi Homemade Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Cookie sundae!!! This we HAVE to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I'm stopping by from Organizing Junkie today.
    You have some wonderful meals planned this week. Everything looks delicious.
    The humidity has arrived in Las Vegas. It has me wishing for our dry hot days.
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete