We have one more major event this week, and then nothing at all on the calendar for several weeks. I'm so excited about that! Lazy days at home, here we come!
In the meantime, it's hot right now and getting hotter. I'm pulling odd things out of the freezer that are already prepared or utilizing whatever I can that will not add any extra heat to the house, so if our meal plan this week seems a bit odd, it probably is; but with temps nearing triple-digits again by the end of the week, so be it.
So here's our tentative-but-will-probably-change-this-week meal plan:
- vanilla yogurt parfaits with bananas, blueberries, and Cinnamon Almond Granola
- Whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread and bananas
- Chocolate cherry granola bars
Lunches will be our usual assortment of sandwiches, leftovers, and fruit.
- Vegetable soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, ice cream
- Hot dog cookout with friends (rain postponement from last week)
- Nacho bar with watermelon and grilled jalapeno poppers
- Quick and healthy stir fry
- Waffles, scrambled eggs
- Family Movie Party! Snackable supper: pigs in blankets, carrot sticks, fruit, popcorn
I think, while I have the waffle maker out, that we'll make some more of these chocolate waffle cookie sundaes. They're really good - and they don't heat up the kitchen!
What are your favorite hot-weather treats?
For more Menu Plan Monday, visit OrgJunkie.