With the Big Helper out of school, the husband home but busy, and the Little Man determined to continue his volcano unit, I'm not sure what's happening this week. I think that simple is the best plan for us right now - and healthy, too; we're all running in races on Saturday!
So here are some meals that I might make this week, assuming that there are people here around mealtime each day to eat them.
Now that we may be home a bit more, breakfasts might be less intense for the summer. The kids need serious protein on days when they have to be out and about, but when we're home and lazy, or just plain out in the heat, we go for simple.
- fruit, yogurt, and granola parfaits
Lunch will be whatever anyone grabs. I'm serious about simple this week, so that usually means some kind of sandwich or leftover with fruits, veggies, and cheese.
- Crock Pot mac 'n' cheese with salad (carry over from last week)
- Grilled Barbecue Chicken Pizza, salad, watermelon
- dinner out during a day trip
- hot dogs, baked beans, carrot sticks, campfire cones - campfire night!
- Make-Your-Own Nacho Night
- Something grilled in honor of Father's Day - maybe steak, potato skins, corn, salad, Ice Cream Cake?
- Dinner out for Father's Day
What are you cooking up this week?
For more Menu Plan Mondays, visit OrgJunkie!