Sometimes, there's just not a lot of time to make breakfast. Others, you need something that will keep you satisfied and undistracted throughout a busy day. Or, you might be like my husband and want your favorite biscuit flavors - only healthier, so you can eat one more often.
If you ever find yourself in any of those situations, this is the breakfast - or lunch or dinner - for you.
This sandwich takes literally a minute to cook, and if you have the ingredients on hand, you can assemble it in the same amount of time. With crumbled sausage and cheddar cooked inside the eggs, this hearty sandwich is ready to be eaten on the go.
My husband was so excited to be handed one of these yesterday while working on the deck that he asked for another one today.
Maybe we'll make these for Father's Day Breakfast!
- 1 or 2 eggs (above sandwich made with 2)
- 2 T. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 whole grain sandwich round
- 1-2 T. cooked sausage, crumbled (I keep some of this in my freezer for just these sorts of dishes - also good in Guilty Good Green Beans)
Here's how to make your own Ready-in-a-Minute Hearty Breakfast Sandwich.
- Find a microwave-safe bowl that is the same size as your sandwich round.
- Spray the bowl with cooking spray.
- Crack your egg(s) into the bowl and whisk. Adding a second egg will make your sandwich taller and bigger to appease a bigger appetite.
- Sprinkle the sausage and cheese over the top.
- Microwave until the egg is tall and fluffy. One egg takes 1 minute in my microwave, and 2 eggs takes 1.5 minutes.. Microwaves vary, so be sure that the center of your omelet is firm and not runny.
- Slide the egg mixture out of the bowl and onto your sandwich round.
Wrap in a napkin or waxed paper if you plan to eat this on the run - if it lasts that long!
What are your plans for Father's Day breakfast? Do you make anything special?