Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hugs and Kisses Banana Bread Pancakes

When I first heard of banana bread pancakes, I knew I had to try them.  It sounded simple and healthy, but who doesn't love banana bread?  It's delicious!


And that's exactly what my kids said when I made these for them for breakfast.  At first, I must admit, My Little Man didn't want to eat these unusual-looking pancakes, but he was hooked at the first nibble.

My Big Helper, on the other hand, took one bite and yelled, "Mommy!  These are delicious!  I'll give you 100 hugs and 100 kisses for these!"

So there you have it.  This well-squeezed mommy will be making these often.

To make Hugs and Kisses Banana Bread Pancakes, you'll need:
  • 2 c. white wheat flour
  • 2 t. baking powder
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1/4 c. honey
  • 1 t. cinnamon
  • 3/4 c. milk
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 2 T. melted butter
  • 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
To make your pancakes, simply:
  1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
  2. In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients together.  Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir them together.
  3. Add the mashed bananas and stir to combine.  **Batter will not be overly runny!  Add a tad more milk if you must, but these do fry up well.
  4. Heat your griddle to 325 - 350.  Grease lightly (I used butter) and spoon about 1/3 c. of batter onto the griddle.  
  5. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until bubbles begin to form on top and then flip.  
  6. Cook for another 2 - 3 minutes on the other side and remove from heat.  
  7. Serve with maple syrup and chopped walnuts - or just eat them plain!  
After eating a plate full of these pancakes for breakfast yesterday, My Big Helper was upset that she didn't have time for more - so she grabbed her coat, put on her backpack, and grabbed one to eat on the way.  She said that it was so good it didn't need syrup.

That's my kind of breakfast.  Easy.  Healthy.  Versatile.

What's your favorite way to eat pancakes?





10 comments:

  1. These sound divine! I think we'll try them this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds sooooo yummy. I will have to try it someday. Sweet family pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll just have to try that...I have languishing bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound great! We eat a lot of pancakes at our house, will be nice to try something new! Would love for you to link up: http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.com/p/link-party.html
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite pancakes are the Cinnamon Roll Pancakes I make. These look so awesome, and I know my family would love them. Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. trying this tonight. Think I'll add a bit of oatmeal to the batter. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added 1/2 cup of oats and it was good, but a bit too thick. Probably won't do that again. This recipe made about 14 pancakes, and my family of 2 adults, 3 kids were full after eating them... and I think we had a few leftover! Thanks for the recipe. :)

      Delete
    2. The batter for these pancakes is pretty thick already. I wonder if you could use oat flour and replace some of the whole wheat? Then you'd get the benefit of the extra fiber without the extra bulk?? Just a thought .... Thanks for sharing your experiment and results. I'm trying to eat more oatmeal, too!

      Delete