Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Monday, March 19, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - March 19, 2012


 

Whewwww!  It's been quite the week around here.  NOTHING was as we expected - beginning super late Wednesday when our Big Helper's tummy bug moved in.  With company expected for her weekend birthday, all plans changed - and that changed our meal plans, too.  So some things that didn't happen last week will reappear here this week, and ... well, you get the idea.

Breakfasts:


- fruit salad with Cinnamon Almond Granola and Yogurt Honey Dressing
- scrambled eggs and toast
- popovers
- cinnamon rolls, fruit

Lunches will be our usual assortment of leftovers or sandwiches with cheese or yogurt and sliced fruit or veggies.

Dinners:
- Southwest baked chicken, rice, salad
- Ham and cheese omelets with sliced oranges


- Italian beef sandwiches, Guilty Good Green Beans, applesauce
- Homemade baked corndogs, roasted cauliflower, baked beans
- Delayed dinner out as part of the birthday celebration

 

- Johnsonville Sausage House Party!  We're making pizza, lasagna, a dip, baked navy beans, rigatoni, and some sort of trifle.
- Birthday party lunch, chosen by the Birthday Girl:  Cheeseburgers, baked corn, leftover trifle for dessert.

What are you cooking up this week?


For more Menu Plan Monday, visit OrgJunkie!

 

10 comments:

  1. Your menu looks great. And, I've probably said it before, but your photos in your header are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! I like them just a bit, too. ;-)

      Delete
  2. A stomach bug and company?! Yikes! Glad you survived the week, and hope everyone is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, the company part didn't work out, but they'll come next week. So far, nobody else has caught it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. Your menu sounds great! I would love to know what recipe you use for your home-made corn dogs. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paris! I'll try to add that recipe soon. It's a semi homemade recipe, actually, but much healthier than the fried or frozen variety. I hope you have a great week, too!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Here you go - simple but yummy! http://anestintherocks.blogspot.com/2012/03/semi-homemade-baked-corn-dogs.html

      Delete
  4. i would love the corn dog recipe too!
    Here is a link to my Menu Plan
    I finally got a chance to sit down and do some browsing and look for some new ideas/recipes
    I'd love if you stopped by my page
    Enjoy your weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to share my recipe! Bad weather has kept me offline most of the weekend, but I'll stop by soon.

      http://anestintherocks.blogspot.com/2012/03/semi-homemade-baked-corn-dogs.html

      Delete