It's almost Thanksgiving! We're all super excited about that as we'll get to visit with some family we haven't seen in a while. I'm not cooking this year, but when I do, this is our favorite menu:
- roasted turkey & gravy
- mashed potatoes
- Mom's Baked Corn
- Simple Slow Cooker Stuffing (CCC)
- Guilty Good Green Beans
- homemade applesauce
- pumpkin pie
On the day AFTER Thanksgiving, we usually have leftovers and hot turkey sandwiches for supper. Yum! It's like it's the big day all over again!
After that, I try to be a bit more creative with our leftovers. Besides simple sandwiches, all of these recipes make use of roasted chicken or turkey (either one):
- Roasted Turkey and Brie Grilled Sandwich
- Chicken Corn Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Chicken Tortellini Soup (CCC)
- Kid-Friendly Pasta Florentine
Leftover mashed potatoes are great in either of these recipes, too:
If you're still looking for some fun ways to learn about the Great Harvest Celebration in 1621, you can find out what we did here:
- Life as a Pilgrim - Part One: Cooking
- Life as a Pilgrim - Part Two: Daily Activities
- Life as a Pilgrim: Fun & Games (Part Three)
Are you hosting Thanksgiving for anyone this year?
For more Menu Plan Monday, visit OrgJunkie!