Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

GratiTuesday - A Disappearance


We started school last week.


Not because I was completely ready, but because this little man was carrying around school supplies and asking every day to begin.


This Big Helper kept asking when we could start school, too.  She has big ideas for this school year.


I know, goofy smile, right?  He was mad that he's in K and not in 2nd like his sister.  This is all he would give me after seeing her sign.

In theory, this was great.  I've got two new students who are excited to learn and want to begin - except I was still digging Morning Board components out of my basement and hadn't finished all of the plans.

For this Type A person, this was a big deal.  Starting without a fairly complete plan was a big problem - okay, it wasn't, not really, except for my stress level.

So after a crazy busy week, when he had projects of his own that he wanted to accomplish, my husband decided to take the kids with him on some errands.

I started to work.  I grabbed a few important items at the grocery store, planned a few weeks' worth of science lessons, planned writing, reading, and math for the week, and then began working on our Big Helper's book study project.  

I was nearly halfway finished with that when they returned - six hours after they left.

I love my family - really, I do - but it was so nice to have the house quiet for a big block of time so I could get a serious amount of stuff accomplished.  That doesn't happen very often, and being able to get some big things planned out before beginning this week was a huge help.  We're now ready to tackle so much more, and some of the work I did will carry us through for weeks, which will let me plan the next book study at a much slower pace.  Yay!

What are you thankful for today?

For more GratiTuesday, visit Heavenly Homemakers.





2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that your children are so excited to learn! Today I'm thankful for many things, such as learning to give up control. It's not an easy lesson for me but its one I need. And I'm thankful to be writing again. ;)

    ReplyDelete