Last year Jenae over at I Can Teach My Child spent the month of November purposely blessing others with acts of kindness. This year, she's challenged herself to commit one act of kindness each day of November - and she's inviting others to join her.
Part of today's challenge is to brainstorm seven things that your family could do to bless others. We discussed this at dinner, and here's what we came up with:
- Finish packing our shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.
- Taking a treat to the kids' teachers
- Delivering a meal to a busy friend
- Taking cookies to an elderly family member
- Returning someone's shopping cart for them
- Send cards to an elderly church member who's health is failing
- Delivering clothing to the local Christian Help Center
Our family did something similar to this last year during the month of December as a way to focus on others' and of sharing the gift of Jesus' birth. It helped us to steer clear of the commercialism that is so prevalent during December. We're looking forward to taking this a step further by intentionally seeking out ways to bless others each day of the month.
What things can you do to bless those around you?
For more 30 Days, visit I Can Teach My Child!