We've been traveling a lot lately and have also had commitments at other places, so we've been on the go a lot - more than I like to be. It's all good stuff, but knowing that the holidays are just around the corner adds to the to-do list and the stress level automatically, you know?
Wonderfully, however, Sunday always comes, and this week we had nothing scheduled except our usual day of rest. We also had a fancy date thrown in there, a crafty afternoon with the kids, and the realization that we're less than a week away from the purchasing of the new microwave - yippee!
So here are a few of the blessings we've received this week:
- A son who often rejects sweets in favor of veggies - and at lunchtime this day turned down the chocolate-y yogurt for the strawberry variety.
- A cooking project with the kids (more about this on December 7th, when the next Crazy Cooking Challenge is revealed!).
- Small hands, strong, determined to learn new skills, wanting to be helpful. Someday to be a man's hands!
- A rare nap, sweet sleep after a hard morning of play.
- Dinner out at a restaurant I've been wanting to try, using a Groupon to put it within our price range. I love those deals that make it possible to experience new things.
- A recent rainy day, in late afternoon, changed into a blue-skied one after the clouds blew away.
- That same day, the view from the front of our house. Isn't it beautiful?
- Finding my Little Man engrossed in his Bible storybook after finishing breakfast one morning.
What blessings have come your way this week?
For more Multitudes on Monday, visit A Holy Experience!