Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

GratiTuesday - Chilly Nights, Cozy Fires


Last Monday there was a record high of 89 degrees.  Last night the low dipped beneath freezing.

I'm not sure I'll ever get used to this up-and-down southern autumn weather, but I do enjoy the warm temperatures while they last.  Now that the weather has cooled down a bit, though, I'm reveling in these chilly temperatures.  

When the mercury drops and the leaves begin to change, I crave soups and stews and freshly baked bread.  

Most of all, though, I want to build a fire and cozy up in front of it.

Today, while I unpacked groceries, my husband built this:


Today, I'm thankful for cozy fires and chilly nights.  I'm thankful for soft blankets and shelter from the wind and rain outside.  I'm thankful for a husband who takes the time to care for the fireplace and for the woodpile that he's so carefully stacked outside.  

I hope, wherever you are, that you are as warm and cozy as we are this week.

For more GratiTuesday, visit Heavenly Homemakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment